Need snack board ideas for your next party or meal at home? We’ve got you covered with the easiest kid-friendly charcuterie board ideas.
What is a charcuterie board?
A charcuterie board is a platter of snacks for people to share that usually consists of a variety of cured meats, cheeses, crackers, fruits and nuts etc.
That was until themed party and holiday boards started trending and we can’t get enough of how amazing they look, and I bet they taste good too!
Charcuterie boards, aka snack boards, are a fun way to get the whole family involved in sharing food and socialising and are a super simple option for guests to graze on at a party.
How to make a kid-friendly charcuterie board
- Decide on a theme and colour scheme.
- Choose your board or platter. Round, square, rectangle etc.
- Decide if you want sweet or savoury eats or a bit of both.
- Make sure to include easy to eat finger food options for kids that aren’t too messy.
- Create focal points with cute dip dishes and containers. Fill these with small snacks or dips and place them on the board first in a fairly symmetrical pattern. This can be moved around as you go along.
- Create small groups of food items all over the board. Use smaller items to fill any gaps.
- Don’t worry about things looking a little messy, because that’s the fun part.
- There are no set rules and the best part is you get to share and enjoy!
This post is all about kid-friendly charcuterie board ideas.
KID-FRIENDLY CHARCUTERIE BOARD IDEAS
1. Pancake Charcuterie Board from Completely Delicious
I love pancakes for breakfast or brunch, so this pancake charcuterie board is perfect for starting your day. And who doesn’t love bacon and maple syrup?
2. PB&J Snack Board from The Bakermama
PB&J sandwiches are almost every child’s favorite (our kids love peanut butter and syrup) and a fun lunch charcuterie board idea for the whole family. Add some fruit and crackers to your board to balance the sweet and salty.
3. Baked Potato Dinner Charcuterie Board from Reluctant Entertainer
Who doesn’t love a loaded potato? I know my kids love potato anything, so this is a perfect dinner charcuterie board idea for families with kids.
4. Healthy Charcuterie Board from Easy Real Food
Spoil the carnivores in your life with this healthy charcuterie board. This meat feast is perfect for dinners, low carb eating or to spoil dad on Father’s Day.
5. Galentine’s Day Dessert Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Sharing a sweet treat board with your closest girlfriends is the perfect way to spend a girls day celebration. Add in some pink drinks and a girly movie to top your party!
6. St. Patrick’s Day Charcuterie Board from Cutefetti
Celebrate the luck of the Irish with this St. Patrick’s Day charcuterie board abounding in candy. And how darling is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?!
7. Easter Grazing Board from Domestikated Life
Hop on by this gorgeous Easter charcuterie board and grab a snack. This sweet and savoury board has the perfect balance of healthy snacks and sweet treats.
8. Cinco de Mayo Snack Board from Family Fresh Meals
Grab the salsa and lets tacabout this Mexican snack board. It’s got all our faves including nachos, fajitas, queso and tortillas. Such a great idea for a fun fiesta!
9. Mother’s Day Board from Reluctant Entertainer
Spoil your mom with a Mother’s Day charcuterie board fit for a queen. Add her favourite foods and flowers for an extra special touch.
10. S’Mores Dessert Board from No. 2 Pencil
A perfect dessert charcuterie board for those summer nights sitting around the campfire and creating the perfect s’mores combo.
11. Father’s Day BBQ Charcuterie Board from Kelley Nan
Show me a dad that doesn’t like a good ol’ barbecue! Learn how to smoke a brisket so you can dine like a king on Father’s Day with a yummy bbq charcuterie board!
12. Patriotic Board from Tasty Oven
This red, white and blue Stars and Stripes board is perfect for any patriotic holiday or summertime party. A vibrant patriotic charcuterie board full of healthy snacks and a hint of sweet treats to brighten the kids day.
13. Back to School Board from Kelley Nan
If you have a large family like me, this back to school charcuterie board would go down a treat with all the kids! What a fun way to celebrate back to school.
14. Game Day Charcuterie Board Idea from Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes
A fun game day charcuterie board for all the football lovers out there! What’s a sporty game day snack board without a cheese football?
15. Spooky Halloween Charcuterie Board from I Love Lindsay
A spooktacular selection of Halloween eats and treats for a kids celebration. You can’t go wrong with spiders, mummies and monster logs on your Halloween board.
16. Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board from Happy Foods Tube
How cute is this thanksgiving cheeseboard for the kids? And the candy corn peeping through will make the kids as happy as a turkey. I bet they’ll gobble this board all up, no leftovers, guaranteed!
17. Hot Chocolate Dessert Board via No.2 Pencil
Who doesn’t like hot chocolate and marshmallows, especially in the cold winter. Definitely a festive season favourite!
18. Christmas Charcuterie Board from She Gave It A Go
A little sweet, a little savoury and a lot of Christmas vibes. The touches of greenery and candy canes on this board create feelings of nostalgia, and I bet it smells like Christmas too!
19. Kid-Friendly Cheese Tray from Taming Twins
A classic favourite cheese board perfect for a kid’s New Years Eve party or lunchtime snack.
20. Unicorn Candy Charcuterie Board from Cutefetti
A magical dessert board for all the unicorn lovers out there and a perfect option for a birthday party. The kids will go crazy for all this candy!
21. Movie Night Board from Simply Made Recipes
When it comes to watching movies you always need your snacks and snacks in abundance, so load your charcuterie board and get your movie watching and treat munching on!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SAVE FOR LATER!
This post was all about the best kid-friendly charcuterie board ideas to help you prepare fun food for the family!