Looking for the best ideas for your child’s next birthday cake. Here are the cutest pull apart cupcake cake ideas.
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, ‘A party without cake is just a meeting’. So don’t forget the cake at your child’s next party!
And if you’re anything like me, you probably don’t bake birthday cakes very often. But cakes can become quite expensive to buy and even end up being disappointing to eat.
So, if you’re uncertain whether to buy or bake, you might want to try your hand at making a pull apart cupcake cake.
What is a pull apart cupcake cake?
Well, the name implies just that, it’s cupcakes formed in such a way to make a picture, and each cupcake can be pulled apart and eaten as a singular piece!
Here’s why you’ll love this kind of birthday cake:
- They’re inexpensive to make.
- You don’t have to be the world’s best baker.
- You can make these with your child.
- They’re easy to bake and arrange together.
- You don’t have to cut the cake, and everyone gets an equal piece.
- You get the best of both worlds, cupcakes and cake!
There’s so many positives to making a cupcake cake!
How to make a pull apart cupcake cake:
When I bake cupcakes, I like to cheat! I always use a box cake mix, which only requires a handful of ingredients.
And guess what? They come out perfect every time!
So if you’re not a great baker, then pretend you are and use a box cake mix. I bet some professionals do too!
And if you really want to make it easy, this cute pink cupcake maker will simplify your baking! Birthday wishlist, check!
I also like to buy ready-made frosting, but homemade always tastes better! So it really depends on how much time there is to make some.
If you’re using ready-made frosting, buy separate frosting containers and add your food coloring directly to the container.
You’ll also need a piping bag, piping tips and an icing spatula, but you could also use a large Ziploc bag.
I prefer the way cupcake cakes look when the icing is smoothed out over all the cupcakes. This makes the cake look cohesive and a bit more professional.
But that’s my personal preference. YOU DO YOU!
How to transport a pull apart cupcake cake:
If you’re hosting your party at a venue other than your home, you’ll need to transport your cupcake cake. But how do you do that without the cupcakes falling all over the place?
Well, you’ll need to use something sturdy. Use a round or square cake board to display your cupcakes on. They are thick and can withstand a lot of weight. Then, if you need to pop them in a cake box for safekeeping, these are perfect.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, you’ll want some ideas so you can create your own cake!
We’ve rounded up the best pull apart cupcake cake ideas, and some include templates to download and use as guidelines! If any of these ideas don’t have a template, here are over 100 templates to choose from.
This post is all about the best pull apart cupcake cake ideas.
PULL APART CUPCAKE CAKE IDEAS:
1. Candy Heart Valentine’s Day Cupcake Cake
via Rainbow DIY
2. Pastel Rainbow Cupcake Cake
3. Butterfly Cupcake Cake
via That Sweet Ang
4. St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Cupcake Cake
5. Baby Chick Cupcake Cake
6. Easter Wreath Cupcake Cake
via BBC Good Food
7. Carrot Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
8. Cactus Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
via Studio DIY
9. Flamingo Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
10. Mother’s Day Flower Cupcake Cake
via Bitz & Giggles
11. Mermaid Tail Cupcake Cake
12. Unicorn Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
13. Pineapple Cupcake Cake
via Aww Sam
14. Golf Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
via Jen Spends Less
15. July Fourth Flag Cupcake Cake
via I Am Baker
16. Football Game Day Cupcake Cake
17. Panda Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
via So Yummy
18. Ghost Halloween Cupcake Cake
19. Jack Skellington Cupcake Cake
20. Winnie The Pooh Cupcake Cake
21. Turtle Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
via Betty Crocker
22. Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcake Cake
via Frenchies Bakery
23. Super Mario Kart Cupcake Cake
24. Monkey Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
via Twinnie Foods
25. Christmas Tree Cupcake Cake
via Beyond Frosting
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!
This post was all about pull apart cupcake ideas for an easy birthday cake option!